Dr G. D. Pol Foundation YMT Homoeopathic Medical College, PG Institute & Hospital has completed over three decades of successful existence in imparting quality Homoeopathic education. This Institute focuses on promoting the growth and development of Homeopathy. Our institute is acclaimed with a highly qualified and experienced faculty, state of the art facilities, and an exceptional research environment offering a wholesome learning experience to the student. We strive for academic excellence which reflects in our results at university levels in both undergraduate and postgraduate examinations.
YMT HMC was established in 1989 with the Diploma Course in Homoeopathic Medicine & Surgery (DHMS) and later in 1996, the College was upgraded to the Degree Course – Bachelor of Homoeopathic Medicine & Surgery (B.H.M.S.).
From the academic year 2002-2003, our Institute introduced Post Graduate courses in Homoeopathy MD (Hom) in the subjects of Homoeopathic Materia Medica, Organon & Repertory and from the academic year 2008 – 2009, post graduate courses in additional two subjects Medicine and Pediatrics were introduced.
From the academic year 2021, PhD courses in Homoeopathy were introduced. Our institute is the only Homoeopathic Postgraduate and PhD Centre in the city of Navi Mumbai & Mumbai. The Institute has reached greater pinnacle under the expert and able guidance of our respected Chairman Dr G. D. Pol, whose far sightedness has helped the institute to make a niche for itself.
- Offering quality undergraduate, post graduate and PhD courses affiliated to Maharashtra University of Health Sciences (MUHS), Nashik & is recognized by the Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH), Govt. of India, New Delhi under Under National Commission for Homoeopathy, New Delhi. (A Statutory Body of Govt. of India under the Ministry Of AYUSH)
- Has an intake capacity of 100 students for the BHMS course, 24 students for MD (Hom) course and 27 students for PhD course.
- Comprises of highly qualified, dedicated & experienced full time MUHS approved staff.
- Has well equipped, adequately illuminated, spacious preclinical and clinical departments with illustrative charts, instruments, models, specimens, departmental library, computer, LAN facility, intercom, etc.
- Availability of a huge library with several books on Homoeopathy and allied subjects and subscription of a huge number of Indian & foreign medical journals.
- Annually conducts ‘Similia’ – A mega intercollegiate Quiz, Debate & Drug dramatization competition and ‘Horizon’ – A National Post Graduate Workshop & Seminar.
- Publishes an under graduate annual magazine – ‘Aude Sapere’ and a peer review post graduate quarterly bulletin – ‘Aphorismi’.
- Hostel, mess and canteen facilities are available within the campus.
- Has a fully functional central Homoeopathic OPD in the campus and has Homoeopathic OPDs at Corporation Hospitals such as Smt. Meenatai Thackeray Municipal Hospital, Nerul and Navi Mumbai Municipal Corporation Hospital, Vashi.
- Has an attached 49 bedded well equipped hospital with Operation theatre, Radiology, Physiotherapy, Yoga, Pathology, etc facilities.
- Offers campus placement for the outgoing interns and postgraduates.
- Involved in continuous training of generations of homoeopaths who are care providers and consider patients holistically as individuals and as an integral part of family and community.
- Provide high quality, comprehensive, continuous and personalized Homoeopathic medical care to all strata of the society.